Academic Achievements on Display at Annual Awards Ceremony
Prior to the Thanksgiving long weekend, students and their families joined St. Michael’s College School (SMCS) faculty and administration on October 6, 2022, for the annual Academic Awards Night celebrating their achievements from the previous academic year.
“Academic awards night represents the pinnacle of success for our students,” says David Lee ’94, SMCS Vice Principal. “This is the event at which we recognize their scholastic achievements which is the primary purpose of our school. We pursue excellence in all that we do, and we are proud to honour their accomplishments with their families.”
For the first time since 2019, the community was able to celebrate in-person, after two years of hosting the event online due to the pandemic.
Check out our five fast facts about this year’s ceremony:
- 520 students in Grades 7-11 received academic awards for their achievements from the 2021-22 academic year
- Academic Awards Night has been held at SMCS or virtually for 32 years
- 25 students received Basilian Scholarships of up to $5,000
- A total of $105,500 in scholarships and awards were granted to students
- 21% of students in Grades 7-11 received the Basilian Book Award for having an average over 90% and 75% made the Honour Roll with an average of over 80% at the end of the 2021-22 school year
Watch the recorded event: