CLUB BLUENOTE Livestream 2021 – 5 Fast Facts
The annual musical highlight of the school year, CLUB BLUENOTE, is back and it’s gearing up to be a show you won’t want to miss.
“This is a great way for our community to celebrate the incredible talent of our students and staff,” says Jamie Oatt, Head of the Music Department and teacher at St. Michael’s College School (SMCS). “The arts are at the core of who we are at St. Michael's and, at a time when we are forced to be apart, we can come together in music, song, art, and spoken word.”
CLUB BLUENOTE Livestream 2021 debuts on two days this year, June 15 and June 16 at 8:15 p.m. In addition to musical performances such as solos, duets, and ensembles, viewers can expect to see various Art Department projects and spoken word delivered by the talented students and staff at SMCS.
“In years past, CLUB BLUENOTE has been an event designed to showcase a wider range of students from the school. Ranging from the Jr. & Sr. Jazz Ensembles to acoustic solos on piano, guitar, spoken word; the evening resembles a relaxed nightclub atmosphere to be enjoyed by students and their families,” says Oatt. “In 2020 and 2021, due to the pandemic, we created a virtual event which allows for some creative video production in combination with entertaining performances. We are also going to feature some of the school’s many ensembles this year as a culminating performance since we were not able to host spring concerts in our theatre.”
As with previous years, the event will also feature performances from the students and staff of Holy Name of Mary College School (HNMCS).
“We have collaborated with HNMCS and will not only feature solo performances by some of their students, but we have worked with their choir to record a piece with our Sr. Concert Band,” adds Oatt. “Should be a highlight for sure!”
Read five fast facts about CLUB BLUENOTE Livestream 2021:
- The event will feature over 30 individual and group performances that range from spoken word and solo voice to a full concert band with choir.
- The SMCS faculty R&B band, 85 Factor will make a return performance this year! Featuring Dean of Students Dan ‘Fingers’ Blaik on lead vocals and guitar, the silky-smooth vocals of Chris ‘Smoother than Sinatra’ Plock, and bass and lead guitar by Noel ‘What’s the derivative of B flat’ Di Tosto '99. Background vocals will be performed by the music faculty of HNMCS, Anne Morrone and Sarah DiMauro. Finally, the virtuosic horn lines by the Bubba Lou Brass, Dan ‘The ginger fog’ Douglas, James “How red can his face get’ Oatt, and Brad “Pentatonic or bust’ Harrison.
- Hosts for this year include incoming Student Government President Ryan Fazl ’22 and outgoing President Jeremi Kolakowski ’21 and their counterparts from HNMCS, Sonnet Hines and Clara Dmytryshyn.
- The SMCS Sr. Concert Band will be teaming up with the Sr. Choir from HNMCS for a performance of the theme song ‘Skyfall’ from the James Bond franchise, made famous by Adele.
- This year, participating SMCS students can also earn 25 points for their House!
Tune in to CLUB BLUENOTE Livestream 2021 at 8:15 p.m. on June 15 and 16.