Alumni Relations Officer
The Alumni Relations Officer is key to the ongoing engagement of alumni with St. Michael’s College School’s activities and programmes.
This person knows our alumni and works to support the development of alumni relations and related events, work meant to keep relationships strong and healthy.
The Alumni Relations Officer promotes and assists in organizing events such as annual class reunions, Homecoming, Turkey Roll & Reunion, Alumni Information Series, and programmes such as mentorship, merchandise, and incentives. This role is an integral contributor to the Advancement Department.
What you bring to this role:
- A commitment to the vocation of Catholic education as it is embodied in the tradition of the Basilian Fathers and the mission and vision of St. Michael’s College School
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant field combined with 2-3 years of experience
- Experience working confidentially with personal data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently including researching to make recommendations
- Experience working as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to organize, prioritize, work with interruptions, deal with several tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as arranged in advance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Blackbaud (RENXT, RE, OLX, BBNC, BBMS) is an asset
- Experience in event management and working with volunteers is an asset
- Knowledge of St. Michael’s College School is an asset
- Possesses a valid Ontario driver’s license (G or G2)
What you will do in this role:
- Manage, engage, cultivate, and steward the SMCS alumni portfolio.
- Provide strategic support to the Alumni Association to help them create and build connections with fellow alumni, students, and friends, increasing school engagement and volunteer participation.
- Planning and implementation of key cultivation and stewardship events that engage alumni and other constituents.
- Developing and managing a volunteer engagement programme.
- Create and/or contribute to various alumni publications.
- Assists with Advancement event planning and execution, together with other department members and volunteer committees.
- Secures sponsorship for events and ensures the cultivation of sponsor relationships.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Contacts: All members of the St. Michael’s College School community, various vendors and suppliers.
Hours of Employment: Based on a 35-hour work week – Regular hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed and arranged in advance.
This position works on-site at the school located at Bathurst St. and St. Clair Ave. W. in Toronto, unless an event dictates otherwise.
Rate of Pay: Salary is commensurate with experience with a starting base of $55,000. Remuneration includes a comprehensive benefits package and access to participate in the organization’s defined contribution pension programme.
Since 1852, under the direction of the Basilian Fathers, St. Michael’s College School has been educating young men in goodness, discipline, and knowledge for lives of leadership and service, and forming them in faith to present the face of Jesus Christ to a world that needs his grace and his peace.
We are Canada’s only Catholic, Basilian, faith-based independent school. We educate young men from Grades 7 to 12 in a university-preparatory programme. Our scholastic environment for all boys is well-designed and suited to students’ strengths, aptitudes, and needs. It provides a unique learning and growing experience during which a boy develops the framework of his character and builds the foundation for his life.
In graduating young men who change the world through lives of faith, character, and service, St. Michael’s College School brings integrity, unity, and healing to a fractured and uncertain world.
Working with us:
We take a whole-school approach to deliver an exceptional student experience.
Our entire team is dedicated to putting students first and ensuring that everything we do is in the service of an exceptional student experience. Strong communities have a shared vision around strategic direction and strong teams have personal accountability for overall goal achievement. We are committed to providing clarity of objectives and ongoing communication around our progression as a school.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Alumni Relations Officer’ in the subject line. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline to apply is ongoing until this position is filled.
We thank all candidates in advance. However, we will contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
To work at St. Michael’s College School, all employees must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Screening check and be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
St. Michael’s College School will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
More information about working at St. Michael’s College School:
Tour of St. Michael’s College School:
Explore a virtual 3D tour of the school.
School Life and Direction:
SMCS Strategic Direction 2020-2024
The Leader in Catholic Boys’ Education