COVID-19 School Information
Find information and key resources about St. Michael’s College School’s COVID-19 safety protocols, procedures, safe return to school measures and health information.
The information contained in this section is updated on a regular basis.
2021-22 Plan & Resources
The Return to School Blueprint 2021-22 details the plan for the 2021-22 school year at St. Michael’s College School.
Return to School Blueprint 2021-22
Updated as of January 24, 2022
Daily COVID-19 Screening Form: smcsscreener.com
New Staff Announcements
Meet our new and newly appointed staff and faculty members joining the St. Michael’s College School community in 2021-22.
|Core – English Teacher||
|Core – Math Teacher||
|Math and Science Teacher||
|Student Wellness Officer (Interim)||
|IT Helpdesk Support||
Chantal Da Cruz
Public Health & Education Resources
Safety, Hygiene, & Sanitization
Learn more about the health and safety measures put in place at St. Michael’s College School since September 2020.
Enhanced Personal Hygiene and Protective Equipment
- Cough/sneeze etiquette and hand hygiene protocols to follow while on school campus
- Creation of protocols for use of protective personal equipment (PPE) by students, staff, and visitors
- Daily screening for virus symptoms of anyone who enters the building
- Review and update of stay-at-home if ill directives
- Review and update of directives when symptoms appear while at school
Campus Sanitization and Safety Measures
- Protective barriers in high traffic areas such as the main office, library, in classrooms, and offices
- 150 hand sanitizer stations located in classrooms and high traffic areas
- Upgraded HVAC system and air filtration
- Traffic flow with lane and hallway markers
- Increase the number of one-way entrances and exits in/out of the building
- Classroom spacing and alternative room utilization
- Review of food services
- Infrared heat (temperature) imaging cameras, portable thermometers installed
- Steam sanitizers for floors, equipment, and high-touch areas, all precautionary
- Scheduling cleaning of high-touch items (For example: door knobs, railings, computer, and design tech tools)
- Altered uniform expectations for students (SMCS golf shirt and any neat washable trouser to start the year)
- Limited student locker access to reduce crowding in closed areas
St. Michael’s College School is committed to implementing further safety measures to meet any recommendations and advice provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health that may emerge in the future.